Travel Tryouts 2020-21 Travel Season
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, EPYSA has placed all soccer activities on hold, including tryouts for all clubs in our local community. WSC believes it is unlikely that traditional tryouts will occur this year.
That said, our club remains open to all players interested in our program. If you are interested in our club, we encourage you to contact any team's Head Coach directly with questions and interest. Contact information for our coaches can be found at the following links:
A Travel Tryout / Player Interest registration will be live soon. If you have any questions about our travel program, you may email Josh Peters, Travel Director (travel @ warringtonsoccerpa.org) or Paul Centofanti, Travel Director of Coaching.
Warrington Soccer Club welcomes and encourages parents interested in our club and travel program to connect directly with our teams' coaches prior to tryouts to learn more about us and our programs. If you are interested in attending practices or training sessions prior to our formal tryout dates, that too is encouraged and welcomed. Visit the team pages for the contact information of our Girls Travel Teams Coaches and Boys Travel Teams Coaches.
- FC Warrington Premier Travel Program
- Age Groups: Selected teams starting at u11 & older
- Warrington Travel Competitive Program
- Age Groups: u11 and older
- Warrington Academy Travel Program
- Age Groups: u9 - u10
Each team will have a minimum of two and possibly three tryout dates. We ask all players trying out to attend a minimum of two sessions. The more the coaches and evaluators can see their skills the better opportunity the player has to make the team. Players are evaluated on the four pillars of soccer; technical ability, tactical ability, physical ability, and psychological attributes of the game. Each evaluator for the WSC is looking for and reporting on the same information across the tryouts.
As a player trying out for a WSC travel team you will need to know and come with the following:
- You must pre-register online before your tryout at a fee of $10. This covers insurance, a tryout shirt, and the cost for an independent evaluator. The fee will be applied as part of your club registration fee if you register with the soccer club. Click HERE to register.
- Each player trying out must attend a minimum of two tryouts. We fully understand you may have schedule conflicts (or injuries) preventing attendance, we simply ask that you speak with the Coach. They are directed td be as accomodating as possible. Attendance at a practice may be a requested option.
- Upon arrival at the tryout location you will need to check-in at the registration table to receive your tryout t-shirt that is to be used for the duration of tryouts. Please check-in each night of tryouts and wear the tryout shirt.
- Players are to bring a ball and are required to wear shin guards. If they do not wear shin guards they will NOT be able to participate in that day’s tryout.
- Parents should not stand on the sidelines during tryouts. To give your child the optimum tryout attention from our evaluators, it is best that parents do not participate in coaching from the sideline. Remember, these are children that are already nervous. You will be asked politely to move away from the tryout location should this occur.
- After each evening of tryouts there will be a coach’s meeting with parents to go over expectations and to have a Q&A session with the staff. This is critical for our u9 & u10 Academy Program. One parent must attend one or all of the meetings.
- Parents of players trying out for our ACADEMY PROGRAM (u9 & u10) will receive the following:
-Pamphlet giving an overview of player benefits
-Information regarding the WSC objectives
-Financial information regarding the cost per player
Warrington Soccer Club thanks you for considering our Travel Soccer program. We are confident we can provide an environment for your son or daughter to foster their passion and love of the game and develop as both a player and person. We wish your player luck and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.